Recipe: Polish Chocolate Cake
You wouldn’t expect to learn how to make Polish chocolate cake in Malaysia, but that’s exactly what happened at Kebun Kaki Bukit (Foothill Farm).
Our Polish housemates, Carolina and Bartosh, left us this recipe before leaving for Thailand to continue their adventure. It tastes more like fudge than cake to our American palate; whatever it really is, we’re sure you’ll call it delicious.
- Bring 1/2 cup of water and 250g of butter to a boil.
- Add 1-1/2 cup of sugar to the mixture while it’s still boiling. Stir continuously.
- Mix in 6 big spoons of cocoa.
- Remove from heat, wait 15-20 minutes for sauce to cool.
- Now you get to choose what you want to put in the cake. Haley added 400g crushed cookies, nuts and chocolate chunks. You can use anything you might find in chocolate at the store. Dried fruit, chili peppers, crystallized ginger, espresso or mint would most likely be delicious.
- Stir your mixture into the sauce.
- Slowly mix 500g powdered milk into the sauce. The mixture will become thick and gooey.
- Pour and spread the mixture in a pan.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Cut and serve.
- Bon appétit!
If you try out this simple recipe, let us know what you added to the cake and what you think of the taste in the comments!
Latest posts by Haley (see all)
- Visa Requirements for US Citizens Traveling Abroad - May 9, 2015
- Photos: Hoi An, Vietnam - May 9, 2015
- Photos: Halong Bay, Vietnam - May 7, 2015
- Photos: Chiang Mai, Thailand - May 7, 2015
Leave a Reply