Recipe: Vegan Carrot Cake
It’s difficult to find a good recipe for carrot cake. It’s even more difficult to find a vegan recipe that doesn’t use some obscure egg or butter substitute. Our friend Sara from Spain, who we met while volunteering our way around Japan, prefers to bake without dairy products.
After enjoying her carrot cake several times, we begged for the recipe. We can’t wait to share it with our families over the holidays!
- 2 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of finely shredded carrots (1 large carrot)
- 1 cup of chopped nuts
- 1 cup of water
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- Freshly squeezed juice from 1 large orange
- 2 tablespoons of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of finely shredded ginger
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Heat oven to 375 F (190 C).
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Bake in a cake or loaf pan for 45 minutes.
Latest posts by Haley (see all)
- Visa Requirements for US Citizens Traveling Abroad - May 9, 2015
- Photos: Hoi An, Vietnam - May 9, 2015
- Photos: Halong Bay, Vietnam - May 7, 2015
- Photos: Chiang Mai, Thailand - May 7, 2015